Old bug in longobject.c + fix

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering at gmx.de
Sun Aug 18 20:04:15 EDT 2002

Antti Louko wrote in comp.lang.python:
> Gerhard Häring <gerhard.haering at gmx.de> writes:
>
>> * Paul Sheer <psheer at icon.co.za> [2002-08-18 22:05 +0200]:
>> > I think that its pretty damn obvious the "nature" of the bug
>>
>> No. How long would it take you to describe what your patch is about? Two
>> minutes? How long would it take a Python developer to find out what your
>> patch tries to change and why? 10 minutes? 30 minutes?
>
> Actually, it takes about ten seconds to guess what the bug is and one
> minute to be sure after you have checked a few things.

That certainly depends on how familiar you are with Python longs. I
sincerly hope this doesn't get lost just because the OP didn't want to
invest a minute or two to describe what his patch is all about and
submit it at the right place (i. e. the Sourceforge patches page).

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id AD24C930