A Free Idea: Search Engine for Webpages

Serge Boiko boiko at demogr.mpg.de
Sat Aug 24 06:58:38 EDT 2002

I've just came up with the idea which IMHO looks attracting.
Imagine that you have a looong web page and you'd like to find
entries of some phrase, not all of them are of interest. You run your
software on that page and it builds a list of all entries; clicking on
the entry will bring you to the place it occurs.
So it's something like pydoc, but works on an arbitrary web-page.

I would love to do it myself, but I'm about to finish my PhD thesis;
so I have no chance. If anyone is interested to accomplish such a
project I would be happy. Or maybe it's already done? Then I would be
happy to know about that.

-Serge