I'm coming from Tcl-world ...

Andreas Leitgeb Andreas.Leitgeb at siemens.at
Mon Aug 5 09:11:21 EDT 2002

Keith Dart <kdart at kdart.com> wrote:
> "Andreas Leitgeb" <Andreas.Leitgeb at siemens.at> penned these words:
>> [common answer: yes, there are modules: asyncore and select] Thanks a
>> lot, I'll have a look at them.
>
> YOu might also want to look at the asyncio module in the pyNMS package.
> http://pynms.sourceforge.net/
> This works like asyncore, but uses SIGIO. It only works on Linux,
> however. And it needs a little more work....
Really only linux ?   Or did you mean "only unix" ?
 (sourceforge also mentions only linux)

While I mostly use linux myself, I'd feel more comfortable if my
python-scripts also ran on solaris and other unices at least.

--
Newsflash: Sproingy made it to the ground !
  read more ... <http://avl.enemy.org/sproingy/>