Sax2 encoding

Juan M. Casillas juanm.casillas at eresmas.com
Fri Aug 30 08:38:24 EDT 2002

Hi,

    [...]
    >> That is, without no info about the encoding.

    Frank> Never don't use no double negation! :-)

	   You are right, 'no no' means the same that 'yes yes'
	   Sorry about my ugly english :)

    Frank> Perhaps you should change the XML files (or saying the
    Frank> author to change it) to add the encoding, because then
    Frank> there are no problems.

	   I will talk with it so it change the files !

    >> import sys from xml.dom.ext.reader import Sax2

    Frank> I don't have this, do you use PyXML? With my out-of-the-box
    Frank> Python 2.2.1 I can do the following:

	   Yes, I'm PyXML-powered :)

    Frank> import sys from xml.dom.minidom import parseString doc =
    Frank> parseString(unicode(open(sys.argv[1]).read(),'iso-8859-1'))

	   I will try this in order to get the parser working
	   while I wait for the modified xml files.

	   Thanks for your valuable help (in both languages,
	   python and english!)

	   Juan M. Casillas