Using 3rd Party Windows DLLs with Python

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Fri Aug 23 16:06:25 EDT 2002

Win32-specific Python Stuff
calldll for python 2.1
With this module you can call any function in any DLL. This means that you
can do just about anything on Win32. Includes an (occasionally-resurrected)
library that gives access to lots of the system GUI features. I have used
this to build stand-alone Windows applications that are completely
implemented in Python (including the Message Loop).

Includes a 'callback' generator for i386: this lets external functions call
back into python as if it were C. (Much of the Win32 API uses callbacks).

Includes an ODBC module implemented using calldll, along with a few extra
practical pieces; code for managing data sources, installing ODBC itself,
and creating and maintaining Jet (Microsoft Access) databases. It's also
been tested with ODBC drivers from Oracle and Objectivity.

Note: The calldll library has gotten quite large, and has been spun off into
a separate distribution, called DynWin. DynWin is now a full-blown Win32 GUI
development environment.

http://nightmare.com/software.html

David LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA