screen scraping with Python?

Noah noah at noah.org
Sat Aug 3 23:39:36 EDT 2002

Does anyone know of a Python terminal emulator?
I need VT100, ANSI, VT220, or something like that.

I want to use it for screen scraping purposes. Basically I want to
take a stream of text that includes vt-100 codes and send it to some objects
that will interprets the codes and map text to a buffer.
The buffer will be an array model of a screen.
Then my application will get characters from the buffer using X,Y coordinates.
This is to create a non-interactive application that will run as
a service or from cron, so it will not have a controlling terminal.

Has anyone done anything like this? Is there some
terminal emulation module for Python?

I'm about ready to write my own...

Yours,
Noah