How your company think about python?

Oren Tirosh oren-py-l at hishome.net
Sun Aug 18 10:19:01 EDT 2002

On Sun, Aug 18, 2002 at 07:01:50PM +0800, d2002xx wrote:
> Would you tell me how your company (or your boss, colleagues) think
> about python? A possible next-generation mainstream? Or just another
> script? Or they even never heard it?

I work for a small security company. Everyone here knows all about open
source and at least heard about Python. I don't think anyone besides me
actually thinks of Python as a language for developing real applications.

> Also, If your company wants to create a new software, will you
> recommand them to use python even if your boss/colleagues don't know
> about it? How you tell them the benefits from python? Why or why not?

They are very much aware of the productivity benefits of Python and know
how quickly I create all kinds of tools and scripts with it but fail to
make the logical conclusion that if it's so good for me it might also be
good for them. Perhaps they are just reluctant to learn anything new.

	Oren