Load a python script from html

Samantha dub98xfs at ureach.com
Fri Aug 9 15:47:25 EDT 2002

I have tried doing this:

<!--#exec a-unix-proggy-->

and this:

<!--#include <a-unix-proggy-->

I don't think I put #1 in a .shtml file. I intend to try that.

I heard of some python module that has to be put in the http.conf (for a unix based
system) in order to have python scripts run from html the way cgi and php can.

Meanwhile, I found that this somewhat convoluted method does work:

<?php
$aVariable=`type in command line arguments to get a script to execute`;
echo $aVariable ;
//$aVariable should have the info I need to be dumped into the html page
?>

Lesson: back ticks(sp?) are friends to every lazy coder :)

Thanks to everyone for their help

-Samantha

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more