Is it worth learning python?

Andres Rosado arosado at softhome.net
Sat Aug 24 21:16:14 EDT 2002

At 02:57 PM 8/21/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>I wanna start learning some real programming language (I know now only
>Visual Basic , but i don't find it interesting ,sorry for the vb
>programmers, but this is my opinion). And I was reading some docs ,
>which were talking about lots of programming languages, I saw there
>Python , and took a look at some python sites. I saw some snippets and
>read some docs and liked the language a lot. But I don't know if this
>language is well-accepted in the market and if having a good python
>knowledge would give me a good job.. I am only 17 and I'm only making
>plans, so if you have any suggestions tell me.

Don't think in the market place yet. What's important is the programming
skills and not the language where you learned them. I know of a consultant
that has programmed in just about every language that he didn't studied on
University. So, learn how to program, and try your skill in various
languages. Python is a great first language.

Andres Rosado
Email: andresr at despammed.com
ICQ: 66750646
Homepage: http://andres980.tripod.com/

If the designers of X-window built cars, there would be no fewer than five
steering wheels hidden about the cockpit, none of which followed the same
principles -- but you'd be able to shift gears with your car stereo.  Useful
feature, that.
                 -- From the programming notebooks of a heretic, 1990.