platform default language and encoding

Gillou nospam at bigfoot.com
Wed Aug 21 10:00:38 EDT 2002

"Radovan Garabik" <spam at melkor.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk> a écrit dans le message de
news: ackvja.jik.ln at 127.0.0.1...

[SNIP]

> Rule number one: servers should not be locale dependent. Never.
> Or in other words, they should work in UTF-8 locale, if
> you need special locale functions. And clients should be able to convert
> the output into user locale, if necessary.

My solution is not the most appropriate but I don't think that browsers are
capable of translating text provided by a server ;-)
That's the reason why the localisation (encoding + language) should be
driven from the appropriate HTTP headers sent by the browser.
OK, I'll look for something else...

--Gilles