How best to implement?

Bruce Dykes bkd at graphnet.com
Tue Aug 6 08:36:45 EDT 2002

I'm writing an application that processes the logs from an in-house SCO
application.

I can read the log files. I can parse the entries into dictionaries.

Now the question is, what to do with them.

I'm not generating reports from them, though that may come in the future.
All I really want to do with them know is just select a few entries based on
input from a webform, and display them in a table that can be resorted in
the expected manner.

My question is, should I just start kicking things off with HTMLgen? Or is
there another HTML output library that will work as well? Or should I skip
straight on to Zope (which doesn't preclude using HTMLgen, even if just in
the first iteration)? Thing is, I find HTMLgen's documentation somewhat
lacking. Is there some additional info or articles about using HTMLgen?
Believe me, when this is done, there *will* be an article for Onlamp or
Dobb's or somewheres, as there's a whole bunch of different techniques I'm
using in here. It's a great learning exercise.

thanks in advance
bkd