sys module - argv, but no argc ??

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Mon Aug 5 10:19:57 EDT 2002

> I believe you are right about learning as much about all modules
> available as possible. So I am always on the lookout for a good
> article to educate me further.

I was going to highly recommend the electronic version of "(the
eff-bot guide to) The Standard Python Library", whose homepage is at
http://www.pythonware.com/people/fredrik/librarybook.htm, but as far
as I can tell the electronic version is no longer available.  Is that
true, or am I missing something?

It doesn't cover some of the bang up-to-date stuff, but all the basic
standard library modules are there, plus it's an excellent guide to
writing truly pythonic Python.  And as I remember it was a tremendous
bargain, at something around $10 (perhaps that's why it's now only
available in paper form for $30? 8-)  The paper version is at
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pythonsl/

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com