what should I do after reading through the Python tutorial?

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Aug 16 08:49:44 EDT 2002

[Mike Brockman]

> On Thu, 15 Aug 2002 08:24:01 +0200, lion wrote:

> > I am a beginner in Python Programming and I have readed through Python
> > tutorial . To improve my experience and technique in Python
> > Programming, what should I do?

> Write code.  Lots of code.

Surely.  Yet, while writing, it is also worth reading some good code written
by good others. :-) Doing so, you acquire part their experience without
having to rediscover it all yourself, and this may save you a lot of time.

But reading without writing is not likely to be as fruitful as it could be,
because you cannot solidly tie what you read into your own experience.