How your company think about python?

Armin Steinhoff a-steinhoff at web.de
Tue Aug 20 13:58:58 EDT 2002

Hi,

I have just completed a PROFIBUS DP configurator ... it's a very
complex industrial piece of software (PROFIBUS is a fieldbus ..) This
tool is based on Python, the embedded SQL DB gadfly and PyQt.

'gadfly' helps a lot in handling of a huge amount of configuration
data!
So there are no speed problems with huge dictionaries ...

The configurator will be available for QNX6, Win NT (or other) and
LINUX.
It was very interesting to see how Python can cut the development
efforts.
(buffer conversions in two lines :)  a.s.o ..)

Armin