Question: How to execute an EXE with Python?

Fausto Arinos de A. Barbuto fbarbuto at telusplanet.net
Tue Aug 27 16:41:09 EDT 2002

Hi Walt,

    Amazing, that doesn't work either. I get the following
    message instead:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\PROGRA~1\PYTHON\lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\framework\scriptutils.py", line
301, in RunScript
    exec codeObject in __main__.__dict__
  File "C:\Fausto\Execs\Script.py", line 4, in ?

  File "C:\PROGRAM FILES\PYTHON\lib\os.py", line 266, in execl
    execv(file, args)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

    Naturally, as I am a Windows ME user, I have to make a
    few changes to the code you suggest. My script then became:

    import os
    myPy = 'c:/fausto/execs/teste.exe'
    os.execl('c:/windows/command.com', '/k', myPy)

    But nothing but the error messages above have been
    produced. Frustrating. :-(

    Thanks, anyway.

---Fausto