ANN: Pyrex 0.4.3

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at furu.idi.ntnu.no
Tue Aug 27 21:05:37 EDT 2002

In article <mailman.1030490263.26011.python-list at python.org>, Skip
Montanaro wrote:
[snip]
> Trust me folks...  I know it seems very weird that you can't make
> these simplifying assumptions, but you can't if you want to maintain
> Python semantic compatibility.
[snip]

In case it matters, let me just go on the record as disliking this
added loop syntax. Special-casing certain while loops would be better,
in my opinion. And preserving some syntactic equivalence is, in my
opinion, more important than certain semantic equivalences. As far as
I can tell, the two languages aren't really semantically equivalent
anyway, are they?

--
Magnus Lie Hetland                                  The Anygui Project
http://hetland.org                                  http://anygui.org