Date Conversion problem: Date == 2079/12/31

Bradley D. Larson blarson at crary.com
Mon Aug 19 09:45:58 EDT 2002

I have been using Python to supplement an MRP called Fourth Shift
with great success until now....

Fourth Shift utilizes 2079/12/31 as the "end of time" for items that
do not expire.  Unfortunately the python "time" lib does not handle
this date.  I have attempted to convert the date to something else
in the sql call (eg. to_date(out_date,'YYYYMMDD')) but this does
not appear to be supported in the Fourth Shift ODBC/DB calls.

Does anyone know if this date is pushed back farther in python 2.2?

Or do you know of a work around...

Brad Larson