Database experiences in Python: Good or Bad?

John Hall wweexxsseessssaa at telusplanet.net
Tue Aug 13 20:51:19 EDT 2002

On 6 Aug 2002 15:11:13 -0700, woodsplitter at rocketmail.com (David
Rushby) wrote:

>...  I wouldn't go so far as to claim that Firebird is better than
>PostgreSQL on Linux (the two have comparable feature sets, with
>relative strengths and weaknesses), but Firebird works far more
>smoothly on Windows since there's a native version.  I'm aware that
>it's possible to run PostgreSQL on Windows via cygwin, but that setup
>feels hackish and far-short-of-production-ready...

>From the OpenOffice.org Discuss MailingList today:

Only a *part* of the PostgreSQL community are saying there will never
be a native Windows port, and I can 100% tell you that's not true, as
I'm running a beta version of a PostgreSQL 7.2.1 native Windows port
right now.
:)
Don't ask for feedback on it just yet though, I only installed it
today.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--