Python threading and GUIs

John J Breen jbreen at nospam.com
Fri Aug 2 14:23:43 EDT 2002

> That's pretty gross.  Why can't you make them separate processes?

Well right now I have settled with using fork for the time being. But I want to
be able to use the program on multiple platforms, unix and windows. So I cant
just use fork. Im going to have to use something else for making multiple
processes in windows. Also when I use fork I have to use sockets for the two
components to be able to communicate. It seems to me that if I was able to
thread them it would make things a lot simpler since it will all be in the same
process. If you have any better suggestions I'd like to hear them.

John Breen