RPM's dependencies not found

Kow Kuroda kkuroda at crl.ucsd.edu
Fri Aug 30 19:07:09 EDT 2002

Hi,

I know nothing about SuSE Linux distribution, but on Red Hat Linux 7.3 and
7.2, "rpm --rebuild python2*src.rpm" installs all .i386.rpm packages
necessary into /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386 directory wherever you run it from
if you run it as a root or a sudoer.

It would be a good idea to check if the two packages are properly installed
by issuing "rpm -q expat-devel gdbm-devel". If it says they are installed,
  the problem would be more serious and I have no idea what's wrong.

In that case, just for a guess, doesn't rebuilding rpm database help by
using "rpm --rebuilddb"?

Hope this helps.

Kow