openmosix

christian chr_werner at gmx.de
Mon Aug 5 16:57:42 EDT 2002

Hi there :-)

I was reading the other day that someone experienced problems when
writing code which was supposed to run on an
'openmosix'-system-cluster. Since I wanted to look into this stuff a
bit I wondered if someone could enlighten me if there are problems, if
on can avoid them or if, at the moment, it's just not possible to code
apps which take advantage of this technology (i'd love to get my
number crunched more quickly :-))...

I'm not really experienced in parallel computing technics and
therefore thought it might be wiser to thread the stuff and use a
cluster of some old PII boxes to get it done...

Like the idea a lot!

Thanx for any advice,
christian