What do you guys think about this - file writing

Fernando Pérez fperez528 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 31 21:13:43 EDT 2002

Micah Mayo wrote:

> That probably isn't what I'm looking for for a couple of reasons - for
> one I'd like to avoid "shelling out", and because of the the loop I'm
> going to run to update and move my files, I'm storeing the actualy
> change in an array. But I do appreciate your input.

Fair enough, you obviously know your problem domain better than I do. I just
mentioned it because I often see people reinventing wheels inside their
python/perl/whatever code which have been done right already as system-level
tools. The unix text toolset is in general a well-written, robust and time
tested bunch, and it's a good thing to know of its existence. But since you
have other reasons for keeping the substitution logic inside the python code,
by all means do it.

Cheers,

f.