Speed up with threads

Tim Lavoie tool_man at spamcop.net
Tue Aug 6 11:06:41 EDT 2002

In article <107nkusp5q6fiaqnmhfd5kgd664j41t6d1 at 4ax.com>, Rhymes wrote:

> I've written a simple portscanner (two version: the first without
> threads and the second one with threads). I just want to speed up more
> the scanning, what can i do?

Another couple of things which might help are Timothy O'Malley's
timeoutsocket module, and asyncore. The first keeps you from having to wait
for sockets to time out normally, which you will often find on filtered
ports. The second is the asyncore module, which lets you start lots of
non-blocking requests without holding up the whole works.