Tkinter window title won't change

Jørgen Cederberg jorgencederberg at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 29 03:51:54 EDT 2002

"Michael B." <greatsaiyaman at gmx.de> wrote in message
news:akj1cg$e7n$1 at news.online.de...
> Hi!
>
> I have a problem with Tkinter. I am using Python 2.2 with Tkinter Revision
> 1.160 on SuSE Linux 8.0 with Kernel 2.4 and KDE3.
> The problem is that I can't change the title of any of my Tk()-windows. I
> tried
> root.title="Test" and
> root.wm_title="Test", as well as
> button.master.title="Test",
> but none woud actually change the title. I searched Google, but I only
found
> a threat asking the same question without getting an answer.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Michael

Hi,

although your answer has already been answered, I'll provide you with two
very good manuals for Tkinter. I can almost find out anything about Tkinter,
with those at hand.

http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/index.htm

http://www.nmt.edu/tcc/help/lang/python/tkinter.html

Both are mentioned on http://www.python.org/topics/tkinter/doc.html along