Python For Windows XP?

Gillou nospam at bigfoot.com
Thu Aug 22 06:34:45 EDT 2002

"CrEaTuRe_1987" <gavinv at nexicom.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
PW%89.21479$_75.1273502 at news20.bellglobal.com...
> Can someone tell me if there is a version of Python available for Windows
> XP?  I download Python 2.2.1, which crashes during the installation.  I
> believe this maybe be caused by the operating system, what should I do?
>
> Don't suggest I switch to Linux, I'm already going to try that ;-)
>
> --
> CrEaTuRe_1987

Strange !

The Python developers make intensive tests before delivering new versions.
Python 2.2.1 installed on my Win2k box without any problem.
You should report that problem (with most possible details).
=> www.python.org then go to the "bugs" link (left menu).
Did you install as administrator ? (you should certainly)
Did you disable your anti virus before processing installation ? (you should
too)

--Gilles