How do I find executable files from the environment PATH variable?

Trent Mick trentm at ActiveState.com
Tue Aug 6 16:25:05 EDT 2002

[Michael Gilfix wrote]
>   It's interesting that this is the second time in a week
> that this has appeared in this newsgroup with various
> people asking for help :)

Yup. There actually is a 'which.py' in Python's CVS
(dist/src/Tools/Scripts/which.py). I had started a thread on Python-Dev
way back to improve some of those scripts to the point where Python
users would reasonably want that directory on their path. 'which.py' was
going to be the first one I tried to update. I have just been lazy in
not submitting a patch to Python to see if my which would be acceptible.

Trent

--
Trent Mick
TrentM at ActiveState.com