global interpreter lock not working as it should

anton wilson anton.wilson at camotion.com
Fri Aug 2 14:18:25 EDT 2002

> Firstly, I think you're overreacting if you think the other posters are
> responding with hostility. They are simply trying to make their point, with
> increasing vigor, that the GIL/threads implementation as currently
> implemented is NOT buggy.

The only hostility was the above comment about me implyingly name-calling. I
don't mind the other comments.

> Secondly, I think you are being a little rude, or (deliberately?)
> obstreperous, in disbelieving what they are telling you. There is simply no
> requirement for a CPU-intensive thread to yield to other threads in the
> same process.

The requirement *was* based on what i had discerned from the documentation.
Secondly, this post is very old, my mind already changed on this a *long*
time ago thanks to the great help of Tim Peters.