Leo should support unicode

Edward K. Ream edream at tds.net
Sat Aug 3 09:23:19 EDT 2002

I have just released leo.py 3.3.  This version supports Unicode.

You may download 3.3 from
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3458

It seemed almost too easy to add Unicode support to Leo.  Perhaps it was ;-)
I have run some very simple tests regarding Unicode, and there is no way I
can test Unicode support as thoroughly as someone who uses it constantly.
Please report any problems you may have with Unicode to Leo's SourceForge
Open Discussion forum.

By default Leo uses UTF-8 encoding.  You may change that using the
xml_version_string setting in leoConfig.txt.  I am pretty much a babe in the
woods as far as Unicode goes.  You are on your own regarding the effects of
different encodings :-)

Warning: using any encoding besides UTF-8 (case significant) will make it
impossible for the Borland version of Leo to read your .leo files.

Edward
Edward K. Ream   email:  edream at tds.net
Leo: Literate Editor with Outlines
Leo: http://personalpages.tds.net/~edream/front.html