Newbie using Python

Tim Hammerquist tim at vegeta.ath.cx
Thu Aug 15 08:25:02 EDT 2002

Mark Welborn graced us by uttering:
[ snip ]
> How does a person get Python to make a system call under Windows ?  I
> have tried 'import os' and 'import sys', but I must not understand the
> fine points of making this work in a Python script.  Do I use the
> Windows commands as in MS-DOS prompt or do I need a Python module
> using Python commands ?

I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you're asking.  I understood
your question to mean how to make a function/system call against the
operating system, while all responses so far have interpreted it to mean
how to return the output of a shell command.

I guess it would help if you told us what you wanted to do in addition
to what you've tried.

Tim Hammerquist
--
Any woman is a volume if one knows how to read her.