Tkinter: text widget predefined key bindings

Eric Brunel eric.brunel at pragmadev.com
Wed Aug 28 09:11:14 EDT 2002

Martin Franklin wrote:
> This started to itch so I had a go at puttong undo and redo into the text
> widget:-
[snip code]

Yep, but it does not work in all cases: if you type accented characters,
they are ignored by your undo; same if you do a XWindows-style paste
(selecting, then Button2 anywhere in your Text widget). I suppose any text
change done via any default binding will probably also be ignored...

Believe me: it's really harder than it seems... We tried to do it once and
it never worked correctly...
--
- Eric Brunel <eric.brunel at pragmadev.com> -