Database experiences in Python: Good or Bad?

John Hall wweexxsseessssaa at telusplanet.net
Tue Aug 6 10:52:39 EDT 2002

Does anyone know if/how well Python plays with Firebird?
(Firebird is an OSS DBMS derived from an Open version of
Borland/Inprise/Borland's Interbase.)
http://firebird.sourceforge.net/
http://www.ibphoenix.com/

I feel that Firebird is 'better' by several measures than MySQL and
PostgreSQL, particularly on Windows, but being better does not count
for much unless it's also fashionable, which it isn't, yet.

I already have more unknowns than I'd like in a project I'm working
on, so if Firebird/Python is currently dubious, I'll stay with MySQL
for now, and consider changing the DB later.

--
John W Hall <wweexxsseessssaa at telusplanet.net>
Calgary, Alberta, Canada.