Un/serialize functions?

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Fri Aug 16 08:52:17 EDT 2002

"d2002xx" <d2002xx at myrealbox.com> wrote ...
> Thanks for your help :)
>
> Now I'm wondering if it's possible to code at runtime? Dynamically
> modify classes/methods when a program is running? And serialize the
> whole program if needed? Can this speed up development/testing time?

How would it do that? Are you thinking of something like the SmallTalk
system?

Generally speaking, while it's possible for a program to generate code on
the fly, unless you have a *very* well-defined framework for doing so you
can get in to serious trouble. Having programs modify themselves ... that
way madness lies.

regards
Steve Holden                                 http://www.holdenweb.com/
Python Web Programming                http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/