Dijkstra on Python

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Aug 15 07:37:17 EDT 2002

"James J. Besemer" <jb at cascade-sys.com> writes:

> Non-backwards-compatible changes is a great way to disrupt the
> spread of Python into commercial realms.
>
> "Whadda ya mean we can't use the bug-fix version of Python
> unless/until we rewrite the code??!!"

You do of course know that no bug-fix version of Python will remove a
feature, don't you?

If you said

 "Whadda ya mean we can't use the NEW version of Python
 unless/until we rewrite the code??!!"

I might have thought you had a point.

Cheers,
M.

--
  Unfortunately, nigh the whole world is now duped into thinking that
  silly fill-in forms on web pages is the way to do user interfaces.