global interpreter lock not working as it should

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Aug 2 04:22:29 EDT 2002

anton wilson <anton.wilson at camotion.com> writes:

> Ok, I believe that you are right. Taking hints from Tim Peters I
> checked to see when Linux delivers signals.

Oh, you're using threads *and* signals?  Be prepared for things to
make no sense whatsoever.

If you're just interested in Linux, you might be able to understand
what's going on.

(A whiles back I wrote a patch to support sigprocmask & friends in
Python, and its cross-platform behaviour in threaded builds was one of
the most confusing problems I've ever considered).

Cheers,
M.

--
  Now this is what I don't get.  Nobody said absolutely anything
  bad about anything.  Yet it is always possible to just pull