Win32wnet problems in win98

Kelly kelly at Jackpinegroup.com
Thu Aug 1 13:11:40 EDT 2002

I have been trying to use win32wnet.WNetAddConnection2 in Windows 98 but
get the following:

>>> import win32wnet, win32netcon
>>> win32wnet.WNetAddConnection2(win32netcon.RESOURCETYPE_DISK, "w:",
r"\\server\share", None, None, None, win32netcon.CONNECT_UPDATE_PROFILE)
Traceback (most recent call last):
api_error: (50, 'WNetAddConnection2', 'The network request is not
supported.')

Poking around a little with PEView it looks like win32wnet.pyd imports
WNetAddConnection2W (Unicode version) and looking at MSDN documentation:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-
us/wnet/networks_84z6.asp

it looks like the Unicode version is not supported directly by
win95/98/Me. I'd try to recompile win32wnet.pyd myself but I'm stuck
without Visual C. Anybody have any ideas?

It might be nice if the win32all distribution used the non-Unicode
version for people still stuck with win98...

Thanks, Kelly.