PEP 12 -- Sample reStructuredText PEP Template

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Aug 30 12:10:57 EDT 2002

"David Goodger" <goodger at users.sourceforge.net> wrote in message
> This PEP presents an alternative format to that of PEP 9.
> Feedback is welcome.

Reading the ASCII source with an editor using a fixed-pitch font is
one thing (and necessary to understand it enough to imitate).  Reading
the HTML file with a browser is another (and necessary to appreciate
it enough to want to imitate).  Reading it with a newsreader like
Outlook Express that (as currently set) 'cooks' the links and displays
the rest in proportional font confused me until I realized what I was
seeing: a mixture of out-of-alignment raw with cooked chunks 8-).
Having previous read one of the HTML renditions of this format, I will
give it a try if I ever write a PEP.

Terry J. Reedy