Python vs. Ruby (and os.path.walk)

Phil Tomson ptkwt at shell1.aracnet.com
Sun Aug 11 02:05:19 EDT 2002

In article <gX959.14794$Xb.1803611 at twister.socal.rr.com>,
Steven Atkinson <sja at san.rr.com> wrote:
[snipped stuff about Ruby being faster ....]

>I'm still leaning toward Python since Ruby seems just a tad awkward to me
>(especially since script writing is not a everyday activity for me).

Well, at least Ruby is in the running...  You probably wouldn't have
considered Ruby a year ago which shows that we're making some progress
;-).  Just curious, what aspects of Ruby do you
find awkward? we're always looking to improve.  I think you mentioned in
the first post of this thread that
you're a C++ programmer and you find Python more natural.  I've also done
a good bit of C++, but find Ruby more natural.  I often find that I can do
rapid protyping in Ruby and then easily convert the prototype over to C++
(or I bring C++ into Ruby using Swig)... but of course you can do the same
in Python.

Phil