Auto updating program...

Bjorn Pettersen BPettersen at NAREX.com
Sat Aug 17 16:52:11 EDT 2002

I'm about to distribute a program (a couple of Python modules, nothing
too fancy) internally, and thinking about all the errors that will
occur... I've made everyone install Python, so that's not an issue
<wink>, but to be a little bit proactive, I'd like the program to check
our version control system when it's importing a module and fetch it if
it has been updated. Anyone done anything similar?

As a bonus exercise I would like any tracebacks to be mailed to me --
which is easy enough, but I want the kind of detail the cgitb.py module
gives... I'm guessing the easiest way will be to use cgitb.py and send
an html email?

-- bjorn