Better solution

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Tue Aug 20 12:49:29 EDT 2002

holger krekel <pyth at devel.trillke.net> writes:

> > If you want to mutate the list, I'd say:
> >
> > lst[:] = filter(None, lst)
> >
> > is better than the monstrosity above.
>
> why the '[:]'?
>
> doesn't seem to make any difference here unless
> filter is allowed to return the same lst-object.

It depends whether you want to change the acutal list object or merely
have 'lst' refer to a changed list.  Bo was using .pop in his
question, so it's possible he wanted the former.

Cheers,
M.

--
  There's a difference between random people with stripy jumpers,
  and a respected scientist with a reputation.