Could Python supplant Java?

Donal K. Fellows donal.k.fellows at man.ac.uk
Thu Aug 22 04:48:36 EDT 2002

Tim Tyler wrote:
> Compilation time?
> If you're a developer - and this is a problem - you buy a faster computer.

Doesn't quite work like that.  You put in a request for a better machine, but
your boss (or maybe even his boss or his boss's boss) decides that the money
would be far better spent on them being able to run the latest Word macro virus
even faster on their brand-new laptop...

If I've a really big build to do, I'll cross-compile it on a thousand-node
supercomputer.  After all, it must get bored of gaussian eliminations from time
to time.  ;^D

Donal.
--
Donal K. Fellows   http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~fellowsd/   donal.fellows at man.ac.uk
-- I'm curious; where does this statistic come from? Does its home, perchance,