Let's Talk About Lambda Functions!

Will Stuyvesant hwlgw at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 21 08:29:45 EDT 2002

Greg Ewing <see_reply_address at something.invalid> wrote:
> Cliff Wells wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 05:27, Emile van Sebille wrote:
> >
> > Vorpal - keen or sharp. From the poem "Jabberwocky" by Lewis Carroll.
>

> Or at least some quality which powerful swords should have.
> It's a bit hard to tell exactly what it's supposed to
> mean!
>
> I hear that some sections of the fantasy roleplaying
> community have adopted it as a technical term meaning
> "capable of severing limbs".

In nethack (www.nethack.org) a Vorpal Blade is for beheading :-)
Hmm, a nethack bot written in Python could be fun.  Need to capture
nethack's character based output somehow.

-----
It is generally agreed that "Hello" is an appropriate greeting because
if you entered a room and said "Goodbye," it could confuse a lot of
people.
                -- Dolph Sharp, "I'm O.K., You're Not So Hot"