64-bit python build

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou DLNXPEGFQVEB at spammotel.com
Wed Aug 28 04:20:56 EDT 2002

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:51:19 -0400, rumours say that Tim Peters
<tim.one at comcast.net> might have written:

>> I didn't wait long to see if a MemoryError would be catched :) since I
>> was running as root, and when a root process on Irix requests for
>> memory, you can't know for sure which process will be killed to free
>> more RAM...  Later on, I ran again as another user, MemoryError was
>> raised in test_b1 ok,
>
>What would you like to happen instead when running as root?  Is there a way
>to rewrite the test to give you the behavior you want, without making the
>test useless for other users?  Don't answer here <wink>; if this remains
>interesting to you, please write it up in a SourceForge report.

Sorry, I wasn't clear:  I wasn't complaining about test_b1.py (it is
fine and needs no changes AFAIAC), I just described what happened, and
therefore I post this to clear things up.

I will post a report or patch to SF for structmodule.c (np_void_p and
nu_void_p ignore alignment issues).

Thanks for replying, Tim.
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,
Real email address: 'dHpvdEBzaWwtdGVjLmdy\n'.decode('base64')