Promoting Python as web application development language

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Wed Aug 28 13:27:17 EDT 2002

"Jon Ribbens" <jon+usenet at unequivocal.co.uk> wrote in message
news:slrnamfi29.f8e.jon+usenet at snowy.squish.net...
> In article <7xhehkd95h.fsf at ruckus.brouhaha.com>, Paul Rubin wrote:
> > You can't really do a big site with CGI's.  The forking overhead will
> > kill you.  You need mod_python or FastCGI or some other scheme.
>
> Then try using jonpy (http://jonpy.sf.net/) which allows you to write
> your code once and it will work unchanged with CGI, FastCGI or
> mod_python ;-)
>
> > I'd say bite the bullet and come up with a server side session
> > mechanism including any persistence and sharing required.
>
> jonpy takes care of all that too ;-)

I'm getting a bit tired of hearing about this. *I* want a web application
development environment that makes a damn fine cup of coffee.

so-does-jonpy-do-*that*-too-ly y'rs  - steve
Python Web Programming                        pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/
Previous .sig file retired to                    www.homeforoldsigs.com