Problem with assigning variables of type List

Paul Foley see at below.invalid
Thu Aug 22 01:49:41 EDT 2002

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:17:17 GMT, Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> did you look "reference" up in foldoc?

I didn't.  Now I have.  Says it's the same as "pointer", which is
fair enough.  What are you having trouble with?

> do you have any evidence that your I-have-a-big-stick-up-my-ass
> approach has ever helped you explain anything to anyone?

No, but I prefer it to having my head up my ass.

It's not my job to explain things you, and I'm not fool enough to
think it's worth trying.  Take your puerile attempts to insult me
elsewhere.  *plonk*

--
For þæm se þe his cræft forlætt, se bið fram þæm cræfte forlæten.
                                                                -- Ælfric