Could Python supplant Java?

Bo M. Maryniuck b.maryniuk at forbis.lt
Fri Aug 23 04:23:49 EDT 2002

On Friday 23 August 2002 10:10, James J. Besemer wrote:
> These lexical changes do not make huge difference in lines of python vs.
> C++. Maybe 5-10%.  For actual data I am grepping a "typical" ~ 70K C++
> application I happen to have lying around.

I see that you want to compare C++ code with Python code? It is really not too
smart and it is from different operas. Do C++ provides automatic malloc's,
gargabe collection, regular expressions? Once I had asked You about 30 lines
of Perl code for DVD decoder and you just had ignored this. O.K. I want ASK
AGAIN: do the same with C/C++ (30-40 lines of *NORMAL*, not obfuscated code)
and mail it source in this list. Will see.

P.S. Please DO NOT post HTML messages and turn off this feature to this list.
Thank you.

--
Regards, Bogdan

Anyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work he is supposed
to be doing at the moment.
                -- Robert Benchley