Zope newsgroup

Duncan Booth duncan at NOSPAMrcp.co.uk
Wed Aug 7 12:04:17 EDT 2002

"Axel Bock" <news-and-lists at the-me.de> wrote in
news:pan.2002.08.07.14.54.25.133949.5488 at the-me.de:

> Hi all,
>
> I would find it helpful to have a Newsgroup dedicated only to Zope.
>
> If I am not the only one thinking like this then why could this not be
> arranged up to now? (I admit I have no clue how usegroup creation works
> ... :-)

There is a mailing list, in fact there are several mailing lists. What I do
is to convert all my mailing lists into local newsgroups using a program
called hamster. That way, so far as I am concerned there is a Zope
newsgroup local.zope (also local.zope.dev &c.) Posts to the local newsgroup
are relayed back to the mailing list.

The main drawback to hamster for many people (but I guess from your
email, not for you) is that most of the documentation is only available in
German.

See http://www.tglsoft.de/ for the latest version. You need quite a recent
build to get support for posting back to mailing lists (I have 1.3.23.170).