ANN: empy 1.1 -- Embed Python in template text as markup

Will Stuyvesant hwlgw at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 5 09:22:44 EDT 2002

Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com>
> What's new
>
>     Added options for fully buffering output (including file opens),
>     executing commands through the command line; some documentation
>     errors fixed.

This is a huge project you have!  The sample.mpy did work allright
here.

I think this is a very nice project, it reminds me of (commercial)
work I used to do with PROGRESS and ORACLE, they were for extracting
information from databases and mixing the data with text.  You could
do this with your empy module of course since you can have the python
code in @{ ... }@ open a database and do queries (based on command
line params?!).

Maybe you could give more 'dedicated' examples or maybe a description
what you do use it all for.  For example how to write your own HTML
webpage macro thing or couplings with local files with tables with
data, transforming financial data to nota's, agenda's, etc.

'''
My family's history begins with me, but yours ends with you
                - Iph.
'''