VPhyton - closing scenes

Arthur ajs at ix.netcom.com
Fri Aug 16 08:44:30 EDT 2002

Margus writes -

>I have problem viths closing scenes from VPhyton image >package - W2K just
>does not like that and thinks that a reboot is pretty neat >idea to handle
>the situation.

>Is this problem kommon with W2K?

VPython has its own mailing list at

visualpython-users at lists.sourceforge.net

It is better for you to direct VPython specific
questions there.  The list is responsive.

Meantime, it sounds to me that your problem is
related to the IDE you are running your VPython
scripts from. For example, running from IDLE
doesn't work well. because closing a VPython
scene run from IDLE will close IDLE.

Which is why VPython is distributed with the IDLE
fork version of IDLE, which deals with the issue.
The fork version, as I understand it, will evenutally become the official
version.

Short answer, I have been using VPython in Windows
for some time, and the problem you describe is
definitely surmountable.

Art