Why is Pmw.Blt sending Destroy messages to my Toplevel?

Jeffrey Hobbs JeffH at ActiveState.com
Thu Aug 15 11:25:08 EDT 2002

Phlip wrote:
> This really distracts because I need to bind to <Destroy> and perform
> exit procedures. But these fire whenever Blt draws a line!

Whenever you create a toplevel <Destroy> binding, you need to check
that it is firing against the actual toplevel.  This is because the
toplevel is in the bindtags of all it's children, thus a <Destroy>
that occurs for any child will propagate to the top by default.

--
    Jeff Hobbs                     The Tcl Guy
    Senior Developer               http://www.ActiveState.com/