[Zope] iteration through list with dtml-tags

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Tue Aug 6 19:24:19 EDT 2002

    Axel> no, i think you did well understand the problem. But I do
    Axel> not use ZSQL methods, and I am getting a list of tuples, as
    Axel> I said. And these are not so easily dereferenced (cause
    Axel> there are no names ... :-)

    Axel> Up to now I came up with the following solution: <dtml-call
    Axel> "REQUEST.set('something', sequence-item)"> Which I can
    Axel> dereference as <dtml-var "something[x]">

    Axel> I don't see another way. But you can tell me in which way I
    Axel> can access a ZMySQLDatabaseconnection from within my own
    Axel> product, if this is not too much a thing (I stole code from
    Axel> ZSQLMethod and fiddled it until I could drop pure SQL
    Axel> queries the form SQL.query("..."))

A little more info at this point would be helpful.  What dbase are you
using and how are accessing it?  Are you calling it from a python
product?  If so, your dbase interface might have a mapping interface.

For example, MySQLdb has a cursors.DictCursor class which can br used
to get a dictionary rather than a tuple from a select call.  You make
the connection like:

db = MySQLdb.connect(db='mydb',
                     host='myhost',
                     user='myuser',
                     passwd='mypass',
                     cursorclass=MySQLdb.cursors.DictCursor)

mh = MySQLTable(table_name='mytable', cursor=db.cursor())

A little more info on the dbase and python interface will help us
steer you toward the light.

John Hunter